Why and how to adopt?
To Save a Life
Most of our rescue animals would not survive on the street. Adoption is the way they get a new chance for a happy long life after they are saved. By adopting a cat or dog saved from street, you also save the life of this animal, and give us the opportunity to save the next one.
To Not Stimulate Illegal or Inhumane Animal Life Trade
Most pets bought from an animal shop are bred in an unnatural way. They stay long in tight cells, not always with good ventilation and hygiene, which also harms their health and behavior. In some countries, animal trading in stores is already banned and it is considered inhumane.
By buying an animal from a store to save him from the cage, you stimulate the breeding of the next similar one in a cage and breeding business thrives.
Many of the kennels and breeders in Bulgaria are in a way illegal or do not work entirely according to rules and ethics. Often, we find animals thrown to the street by illegal breeders, and these animals are often sick, rather weak or traumatized.
If a pet is not a life stock for you and it matters for you how animals are treate, then adoption is the right thing for you!
Breed or non-breed, mixed breed rescue pet?
Breed and pedigree animals are often prone to certain genetic diseases typical of the breed. It is good to consult a veterinarian before making your choice. Various studies have shown that mix breed and rescue animals are often healthier and stronger, because of the richness of genes and natural selection.
If, however, you hold on to some breed or appearance of your future pet, but you don’t certainly need pedigree proof documents, it is important to state, that we and other rescue organizations also have some rescued animals, which look like certain popular breeds.
Breed, appearance and age do not always guarantee you a good choice of a pet. We strongly believe that the character of the dog, cat, puppy or kitten is the most important feature of the pet.
Clear health status, passport, chip, castration/ neutering and vaccines
Most kittens and dogs are given for adoption after a series of tests for the most popular animal diseases. Such tests are not done by most private individuals and even some breeders in Bulgaria. Taking an animal from us, you will surely know its health status and its behavior, which is important for your future happy cohabitation together without unpleasant surprises. As a bonus, most of our animals are given for adoption by chip, vaccine, passport and after castration, which saves you extra costs and headaches.
Our adoption process explained step by step:
- FILL IN OUR SHORT QUESTIONNAIRE in order for to understand more about you and what is important to discuss further. We often give advice and recommendations on how to chose a pet that fits you mostl, as well as advices for follow up care and training. This information is quite useful for people with less experience with pets;.
2. Meet the animal(s) you liked and see whether you match as a character; We will also participate in the assessment.
3. Home check – we visit your home to check if it is enough secured and safe for living with a pet. We give advice and guidelines on the spot of what can be improved at the home for safety and happiness of the pet and the human. For example – people often do not know that for cats’ safety it is IMPORTANT AND NECESSARY to have window nets with strong lockers in order to prevent unfortunate accidents.
4. Prepare & buy the necessary equipment for your pet – leash, litter box, toys, scratcher, safety nets, etc.
5. Sign up and adoption agreement contract with stated obligations of each party – ‘us’ as NGO and ‘you’ as ADOPTER(S)
6. You can bring home your new furry family member. 🙂 It also comes with a European passport with all dewormings, tests and health history.
Our adoption process is not long and complicated and it can happen within 2-3 days with good will and good timing. All the steps described above are important to us, to assure that our rescued animals will go to good and caring families and their story will happily continue.
Our team is friendly and polite be sure we will provide as much follow up help as you need.
Your personal data sharing is consistent with the GDPR standards and with our registration as a non-governmental organization, registered and allowed to process personal data for it’s operational activities.
For questions and more information, you can call thIs number 0887 52 17 61 or write us on email@example.com or PM us on our Facebook page.🐾