Why should I adopt a pet?
Accusantium quam, ultricies eget tempor id, aliquam eget nibh et. Maecen aliquam risus at semper ullamcorper, magna quam. Cras justo odio, apibus ac facilisis inesta eget quam. Donec ullamcorper nulla non metus auctor fringilla. Integer posuere erat a ante venenatis.
Maybe they will give you more than you do to them?
Dare 2 take a temporary kitten or dog in need and save a life!
Being a temporary receptionist is BEING SPECIAL AND SIGNIFICANT! Because every animal transformation and happy life matters.
If you want to be this special person / family, write us – firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +359 88 253 54 77, +359 887 521 761.
Being a temporary foster home of a cat or a dog is not difficult!
Dare 2 Care Animals team will help you in the process. We will provide you with everything you need, such as advice, training if necessary, and we will cover the costs of the animal until it is adopted – medical treatment, cage, toilet, food, etc. We do not want the animals to be in cages until we find their permanent home. We know that foster homes play a key role in the recovery, socialization and wellbeing of rescued street animals.
Cats and dogs rescued from the street arrive at the temporary foster home with toilet and cage, after vet check up, deworming and medical procedures if needed. We will also take care of finding adopters.
Temporary foster care includes:
- You provide a safe home or a separate room (if you already have other animals) where an animal can be sheltered from the street. Some healthy, social animals do not need a separate room, and they can live with other animals in the house, as long as your pet is social;
- You give food to the animal twice a day and walk it – for dogs;
- You give attention to the animal in your free time home, according to its needs and character. In some cases, you might need to give pills or special food;
- You bring the cat/ dog to the vet with us, or we take it from your place and bring it;
- When prospective adopters appear, they will visit your home together with our representative to see the animal.
- To have a nice friend and company at home;
- To give a new chance to live an animal in trouble;
- Because of the enormous amount of love and happiness that every animal saved from the street gives;
- Because the animals in a foster home socialize faster and the chances of finding adopters are much higher.
The foster commitment may be short or long, depending on your capabilities. Usually, animals in foster homes are adopted in up to 3 months, except for more complex cases that take longer time.
If at any point you can no longer care for the animal, Dare 2 Care Animals will find a new temporary foster home for it until adoption.
Can I Try Foster Care and After Adopt The Animal?
If you love animals, but you are not sure that you can handle a pet at home and what type of pet is fit for you, then temporary foster care is a great opportunity for you to try and find a pet that suits you. Some of our temporary foster homes are becoming a permanent home for some of the homeless animals that they fostered and they are happy together.
Most importantly, your attitude, commitment, care and responsibility to the animal is important for you to be a foster home. Some of the animals rescued from the street are often frightened or injured, and they need some time to socialize, heal or recover and adjust to the new place. Some of them need to be given medicines or need to visit the vet more often until they fully recover. It is often essential to have patience, motivation and love to care for a rescue animal and it often comes naturally once you have seen it if you are committed to the cause.
It is a big plus if you have previous experience in cat or dog care, but even if you don’t have such – our team members will explain everything to you and assist you.