Do you think your cat can eat everything? If you said “yes” you must read the rest of the text slowly and very carefully. If you don’t want to risk the life of your cat\cats, you must learn and remember simple foods which are very dangerous for them.
Vodka, Beer, Wine, or foods containing alcohol and all types of alcohol can be very toxic for cats. That’s because alcohol has the exact same effect on a cat’s liver and brain that it has on humans. But it takes far less to do its harm to the pet. Just two teaspoons of whisky can cause a coma in a 3 kg cat. Ingestion can cause vomiting, diarrhea, tremors, disorientation, trouble breathing, and even death. If you are hosting a party and serving alcohol, be sure your cat is in a safe room and not able to reach the alcohol products.
Onions, Garlic, & Related Root Vegetables
Onions, Garlic, and related vegetables contain a substance (N-propyl disulfide) that destroys red blood cells in the cat, causing a form of anemia called Heinz body anemia. That’s true even for the onion powder that’s found in some baby foods. This type of vegetables is dangerous in any form (boiled, cooked, fresh, fried, etc.) for your cat.
Chocolate and chocolate-related products can also be toxic to cats, leading to diarrhea, vomiting, blood pressure drop, breathing troubles, tremors, seizures, and even heart failure. The toxic agent in chocolate is theobromine. It’s in all kinds of chocolate, even white chocolate. The most dangerous kinds are dark chocolate and unsweetened baking chocolate. Chocolate also contains caffeine and there is no antidote for it.
Milk, Cheese, Yogurt and Other Dairy Products
Most cats are lactose-intolerant. Their digestive system cannot process dairy foods, and the result can be digestive upset with diarrhea. This means any milk or dairy product from cows, sheep, goats, and even other cats (after they’ve been weaned as kittens) can cause digestive issues.
A cat can choke on a bone. Especially cooked bones become brittle, causing them to splinter. If your cat is lucky enough not to get one of the splinters stuck in their throat, the bones can cause intestinal damage if swallowed.
Too Many Treats
Eating too much and too often can do the same thing to cats that it does to humans. It can lead to obesity and even diabetes.